Freitag, 17. Juni 2011

Books I´m reading

After having read "Angela´s Ashes" and the sequel  "´Tis" by Frank Mc Court, I´m now reading "Teacher Man".
I love this books, not only because they tell a touching true story, also because of the writer´s humor.
Grown up in the Catholic church myself, I recognize so many similarities between the characters in the book and people I know.
I´m reading it in German, they unfortunatly didn´t have the English version in our school library ( "´Tis" I read in English and liked it much better).

But I wanted to read an English book too so at the moment I´m also reading "Moll Flanders" by Daniel Defoe.

As a summer- homework we have to read an Italian Book and as a bookworm I couldn´t wait to start reading.
I choose "Eva dorme" by Francesca Melandri, it´s a novel about a South Tyrolean family, wich indirect teaches a lot about our history from the 20s till now. Some words are written in our dialect (wich is very dissimilar to the real German, I will make a post on this subject), it´s fascinating reading about places I see nearly every day!

http://media.buch.de/img-adb/28615233-00-00/eva_dorme.jpgI better stop now, there are books waiting for me :) http://www.mtstmichael.ie/VirtualMag28/Images/AngelasAshes.gif

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen